PAYROLL SUPERVISOR, SAP PAYROLL AND HCM SYSTEM
Summary: Lead the administration of the SAP Payroll and Human Capital Management system, and the Time & Attendance system.
- Supervise and coordinate the systemic activities involved in executing, balancing, posting, and completing the biweekly and monthly payments.
- Direct and supervise a team through the tasks necessary to create payments in a timely and accurate fashion, and to administer the Time and Attendance systems.
- Manage operational activities involved in balancing master data changes in the payroll system. Execute edit reports, and monitor corrections as necessary. Process file loads for deductions and payments, generating interfaces to other systems.
- Manage the operations related to changes necessary for correct Time and Attendance data in employee records, including system access updates.
- Maintain communication with the Administrative Systems Management team and other corporate entities to ensure appropriate functionality of systems, and to address any unexpected issues.
- Perform detailed analysis of issues resulting from payroll processes, time and attendance processes, and the creation of third party remittance files.
- Manage interfaces with financial management, departmental business managers, data processing systems management, and service area management.
- Plan and conduct meetings with team members to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies, and to keep employees aware of current changes and standards.
- Develop recommendations and provide specific guidance for system changes including managing workflow, system design and support, and associated customer service.
- Conduct thorough testing relating to applicable system implementations, updates, and necessary changes. Develop and maintain associated documentation.
- Manage various personnel actions including hiring, performance appraisals, promotion opportunities, and progressive discipline. Manage the training of new team members.
- Manage interaction with other departments regarding policies and procedures.
- Provide training and support to external departmental Payroll Representatives.
- Stay current on applicable federal and state payroll laws regulations to help ensure compliance.
- Develop and recommend processing policies and procedures and long range objectives.
- Provide support to senior leadership as requested for special projects, including implementation of policy changes, system changes, data mining, etc.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
SAP Payroll Processing
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications.
Strong organizational skills.
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a high-pressure environment.